Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Upcoming Week Prep

We took a family vacation and were gone for about 3 weeks.  It was amazing.  Technically we were gone for 2 weeks, but I took some extra days off to just chill at home before we got back into the swing of things.  Now that we have been home a full week I am back on schedule.

Today being Sunday I am busy, busy, busy doing laundry for the week (only towels get done mid-week around here) and prepping some food stuffs for meals.  My budget is very tight for the next month (thank you AWESOME VACAY!) so I am super happy the garden has started producing.


  • Beans are bubbling away, I'll have enough for several meals and I like to eat them plain with some quinoa for work lunches.
  • I've planned a couple zucchini and squash meals as my garden has started producing those daily.  
  • Tuesday is supposed to be near 100 degrees and once I get home from work we are doing a big ol' salad dinner with lettuce, red onions & tomatoes from the garden.
  • I'm attempting to dry some dill as well as some dill seed heads for next years garden.  I'll let you know how that turns out.  
  • Quinoa will be made today too.  Enough for the next week's meals.  Stir fry, buffalo chicken casserole, plain as a side and my lunches will all use it up.  
  • If I don't lose my motivation I am hoping to make some granola with some oatmeal, walnuts & dried berries I noticed in the cupboard.  That would be so good instead of boxed cereal for breakfast.
  • School supply shopping is under way.  We found some Justin Bieber (squeals from my 11 year old) spiral notebooks marked down to $0.74 a piece so I grabbed 2 of those.  
  • Bills are paid or marked down to be paid. I went through every bill I have to make sure my auto payments are still good to go.  If it weren't for autopay I would have late fees constantly.

I hope your day is going as well as ours.  :)


No comments: