Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

I Needa Make Things from Pinterest

I've said it before and I'll say it again.  And again.  And again.

I LOVE  Pinterest.  I have a serious problem.  I decided to start the New Year off right and actually made something that I had pinned, probably, months ago.

I made the "I Needa" car emergency kit.  For the original post go here and check out Rips in My Jeans, a pretty cool blog with a lot of great ideas.

First thing I did was gather everything that I wanted in my car kit.  I had to run to the store to replenish my first aid kit anyway.  Two birds, one stone.



Laying it all out helped me make sure that I'd included everything I needed and wanted.   The original post had a spare diaper which I definitely do not need but I did put in 2 zip close plastic bags for messes (V gets car sick pretty regularly), some tampons for emergencies and a mini flashlight.  The notepad (artwork by my son) and a pen will probably be used the most.




I put the little things in a small plastic box I had lying around.  I think it had herbs or something like that in it originally.  Hooray for repurposing!  Anyway, I put a hair band, lighter, safety pin and paper clips into it to keep them from running away.




I feel like we are always hunting for lotion.  Colorado is so stinking dry.  Aspirin, hand sanitizer, tissues and those perfect little hand warmers.  Also a small knife can come in handy for opening boxes and such in the car.  If I ever find it, I will probably put an actual Swiss Army Knife (or similar knock-off) in instead of this little tape cutter knife.




Do your kids "forget" to brush their teeth?  Constantly?  Mine sure seem to.  I'm not a fan of the disposable anything but if we are heading in to church or somewhere that it matters I will appreciate having these.  So will all the poor unsuspecting victims of my children's unbrushed dragon breath.  

Band-aids are a constant need and I really like being the Mom that has this kind of stuff available.  No close up of the first aid kit, but it has non-latex gloves, gauze, sunscreen, alcohol wipes, benadryl and insect bite cream.




Everything fits neatly and I'm simply gonna slide this behind my car seat where we can grab and go.

I love feeling like I accomplished something today and feel even better that it cost almost nothing.  I asked my little sis to save me the diaper wipe containers.  I just had to buy the toothbrushes (on sale and with a coupon only $0.75) and the gauze for my first-aid kits.

No comments: