Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

'Fraidy Cat

It's the start of a new year.  Fresh start.  Clean slate.  And all that jazz.  I don't do resolutions.  I figure that's just setting myself up to fail.  I have failed at enough and don't really see the need to go out of my way to do it.

I'm not really afraid of a lot of things.  And I mean things literally.  The things that are typical phobias.  Bugs, clowns, water, dogs.  Spiders can freak me out if they catch me off guard, like crawling under my sheets or dropping down on to me.  Clowns?  I'm not really a fan but I can keep from a panic attack when at a circus.  Water?  I don't like the idea of being in the water where an eating machine could get me but I'm fine with the actual water.  But for the most part?  I am ok with things.  A few movies might get to me and I'll want to sleep with the lights on, but I don't.

So what do I fear in this life?  I am afraid of wasting my time.  I've done that enough.  I'm afraid I'll completely screw my kids up.  They deserve so much better than I can give them.

I don't fear things.  I fear the results of my choices.

No comments: