Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday: Jenn's Recipe










This week I made one of Jenn's recipes that I have had bookmarked for some time.  She wrote about it on Monday as A post that didn't get the attention it deserves  so obviously I had to make it that night and give it a little attention.

Let me tell you, Jenn was right.  These samosa stuffed potatoes are delicious!

Of course, as with every single recipe I make I had to tweak it a bit and put my own spin on it.

I baked the potatoes in the microwave, because well, it was 95 degrees out and I didn't want the oven on any longer than absolutely necessary.  Instead of sauteing the veggies I did a braised celery, onion & carrot dish


Yummy veggies



and when they were just barely steamed (still very crunchy) I pulled some out and chopped them up to add to my potato innards.  I also used the braising liquid instead of making a veggie broth.










I hid a little bit of havarti love in the bottoms of the skins.  Creamy, yummy, havarti with dill to add a bit of cooling to the curry spiced deliciousness of the potatoes.



Won't that be a lovely surprise?


I ran out of cumin so I used turmeric instead.  Don't you just love that gorgeous yellowy orange color?






Yum!




 Such delicious veggies.



Mmmmmm


To calm the spiciness a bit I made a yogurt sauce to top the potatoes with.  Greek yogurt, salt, pepper, onion & garlic powder, fresh parsley from the garden and a dash of Bragg's liquid aminos.  Both of the kids were thankful for it as the spiciness of the curry and cayenne were a bit much for them.


Now for the rest of the days meals.  Breakfast that morning was some oatmeal with maple syrup & brown sugar.  Nothing special & not pretty enough to take a picture.

Snacks: Frozen cherries in the morning and carrots dipped in the yogurt dip at night.

Lunch:  Some of my yummy Messican soup.  (Beans & rice in soupy form)  This is a staple here in the Ramon home.  I love it!
Enhanced by Zemanta

4 comments:

MonkeMama said...

Looks good! I think I still prefer a Mimosa though.

forgottenbeast said...

Well, I'm not even a potato fan and these STILL look delicious!

Jennifer said...

YAYYY Glad you love it!

Anonymous said...

I and also my guys were actually looking at the good tips from your web page [url=http://www.saclongchampmarchfr.com]sac longchamp[/url] then before long got a horrible feeling I never

expressed respect to the website owner for those

techniques. The

guys became

absolutely warmed to learn all of them and already have absolutely been taking pleasure in

them.[url=http://www.saclongchampmarchfr.com]sac longchamp[/url] sac longchamp ,Many thanks for really being considerably

considerate as well as

for finding such

[url=http://www.saclongchampmarchfr.com]longchamp sac[/url] longchamp sac

nice [url=http://www.saclongchampmarchfr.com]sac longchamp pas cher[/url]

sac longchamp subject matter most people are really eager to understand about. Our own honest apologies for not expressing appreciation to you earlier.