Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

What I Made This Wednesday




For the very first time EVER my What I Ate Wednesday post is actually going to be about what I ate on an actual Wednesday.  :)

This very, today, Wednesday.


I got a serious craving for something sweet last night about 11 pm.  (Yes thats a Tuesday but let me finish).  I sat on the couch, whining to my son as we watched Hercules (Kevin Sorbo---yum!) but he refused to walk to the 24 hour Walmart to get me a Ben 'n Jerry.  (No I wouldn't have actually let him do it but it would be nice to know he would be willing---he wasn't).

By about midnight the craving wouldn't leave so I decided to make some cookies.

What?  You don't bake at midnight?  It's summer in an air-conditioner free home.  Midnight is the only time I willingly turn on the oven.  :)

So I searched a blog desperately looking for the ginger cookie recipe I had found earlier in the week.  Pardon the crappy pics, my phone is not even remotely smart.  It's rather old & stupid actually.







Here's the link to the original recipe.  As usual I changed it up a bit.
Debbi does dinner ginger cookies.


Instead of 1 tsp cinnamon (I was out) I used 1/2 tsp ground cloves & 1/2 tsp all spice.
I cut the vegetable oil down to 1/2C and put in 1/4C natural unsweetened applesauce.
I cut the sugar down to 3/4C and did not sprinkle any extra sugar on top of these bad boys.

They were so good!  I am saving this recipe for sure.

Lunch/very late breakfast was some yummy fried taters with onions, celery, garlic & comino.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE cumin!

Add some scrambled eggs & organic spinach and thats a great day of Wednesday eats!




Side of salsa ready to mix in

What are you making today?  Anything super yummy?


Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I'm making pizza tonight! and possibly a salad and pasta side =) since its a lil pizza!

happy wiaw!!!! xoxoxoxo