Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

1 a day: Day 8-A place you've traveled to

RO-O-O-O-O-AD 


TR-I-I-I-PPPPP!!!!!




What comes to your mind when you think of road trips?
Crowded, overheated, overstuffed cars?
Singing along to the radio at the top of your lungs?
The bright orange blur of miles and miles of construction cones flying by the window?
Squished peanut butter and jelly sandwich crumbs sticking to your legs?

I have so many memories filled with those images.  Of course we were either in a van or a station wagon.  Do you remember what it was like to be stuck in the back of a station wagon, never knowing what's in front of you only what you've left behind?

*sigh*


While never in a wagon, the kids and I have taken a lot of road trips in the past 11 years.  Some were good (family trips) some were bad (heading to TX for their Dads funeral) and some were necessary (running away to safety).  We have memories of them all.  I can only hope that my kids can look back on them someday and smile--even about the painful ones.

Last summer was a visit home to Michigan for Grandma's 75th birthday/mini-family reunion and a 1 day visit to Lake Michigan.


 Going for a ride



 Keeping cool on a super muggy day



 the pond





Frog hunting




Picnic in the park




driving and driving




Their 1st visit to Lake Michigan




Run!




Escaping the waves




He stole my sandwich!




Darn sandwich thief




I think she still has sand in that suit




Brrrrrr.




Californians aren't the only ones that know how to shimmy out of a suit.  :)




The sign of a great day.





Time for S'mores




The birthday girl




Everybody knows Great-Grandmas sneak you the best food




WATER FIGHT!!!




Time to go home and recover for the next trip.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: