Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WIAW Easter edition




It's the last week of school.  I took my 1st final about an hour ago and I am heading into 3 more finals during the next week.  I took extra pictures of Easter dinner in preparation for what I knew was going to be an insanely busy week.  I didn't want to miss out on WIAW but I am not really cooking this week.  :)


I prepped and/or cooked almost everything the night before.  Eggs were boiled and cooled, potatoes & carrots made completely, cauliflower casserole put together, cake made & decorated.  Come Easter Sunday I put the ham in the crock-pot, made the whipped cream for pink stuff & made the deviled eggs.  I dropped the kids off at their Great-Aunts for family time & I headed up to physics tutoring.  The kids and I didn't actually get to sit down to eat until after 7pm.  :)  It was worth the wait though.






 Mashed potatoes & carrots.  :)



 Cauliflower Casserole.


This is usually a broccoli casserole but I had like 3 pieces of broccoli left and an entire bag of cauliflower. :)



 Ham with a plum-glaze.  Yummy!



 Pink Stuff.  A sickeningly sweet family tradition.



 From the store rolls.  No time to bake.  :(



 Tooter acting like a vacuum cleaner.



 Bunny Cake



Neva guarding the pink stuff.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

bahahaha pink stuff!? ohmygosh you're too funny! I love a good family tradtion =)

Happy WIAW Tia! <3

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Tia said...

Isn't that sad? But that's what we call it. :D Pineapple, cream cheese, cherries (or when lazy like this year a can of cherry pie filling) & whipped cream. For some reason my family wants this for EVERY holiday.

MonkeMama said...

Because it ROCKS!

At first I thought that picture of Tooter was really just a pic of your daughters freakishly curled toes :)

Tia said...

Noticed those did you? She really may be part monkey. :D