Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Meal-planning Sunday (the late version)

I totally did my usual weekly meal-planning on Sunday but I completely didn't want forgot to post it.  ;)

My excuses err reasons?

  • Sick, sick, sick I have a headcold/allergies/sinus thingymabob that is KICKING my butt!
  • So very tired
  • Kids were whiny (or was that Momma?)
  • We rented Aliens in the Attic and chose to watch that instead
The kids and I wanted to figure out what we were going to make for Easter dinner so I spent more than an hour going through old Cooking Club magazines, cookbooks etc...We settled on
  • Ham: Either a molasses glazed or a plum glazed
  • Broccoli Cheese Casserole
  • Pull-apart garlic infused bread (Neva picked this one)
  • Basic salad
  • Pink Stuff
  • Easter Bunny cake 
  • Honey Mustard Deviled Eggs

As far as what we plan on eating throughout this week?  
  • Beans--I did another big pot of pinto beans.
            --I plan on using these to make some sort of loaf or patties and as a side.
  • Italian Vegetable Soup I saw the recipe on a blog somewhere...I have to find it again.
  • Smashed Potatoes--this is what my kids have always called baked potatoes because they get to smash them and put whatever toppings they choose on them.  :)  I like to top mine with beans, salsa and cheese.  YUM!
  • Some sort of Mexi-quinoa-bean dinner.  I do love me some quinoa.  
How about you?  Do you have any particular meals planned for this week?

2 comments:

MonkeMama said...

Our Easter menu is ham, Kel's deviled eggs, resurection rolls, rosemary smashed taters, PB pies, and a yet to be decided veggie.

Tia said...

Kel's deviled eggs??