Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Week 8: Personal Schedule

This week's challenge from Toni over at A Bowl Full of Lemons is to organize our personal schedule.

*gulp*

Becky, from Organizing Made Fun, her guest blogger gave us these simple suggestions:

1) Write down or type up your weekly routine {weekdays or the whole week}. Take a picture or post it on your blog.

2) Begin sitting down each evening {or early in the morning} detailing what you'd like to accomplish for the day, but be generous with your time allotment.

3) If you have kids, put together a schedule of what they need to do during the morning or day {use pictures if you need to}.

#1 I'm happy to say that way back when Toni's challenge was the home management binder I began printing out my weekly and monthly calendars.  Because it is just the kids and I, our schedules have to match up completely.  I don't have theirs separate from mine because then I would forget something.  :)

April Monthly Calendar


I use ICal on my Mac, Mac Baby and I love it!  I can enter an event into my phone and simply upload it to my calendar.  I use different colors for different events.

Momma's School
Momma's Work
Nevaeh's Activities
Kelen's Activities
Birthdays/Anniversaries
Dr's Appointments


Next Weeks Calendar


General Weekly Schedule

Monday
  • 5:30 a.m. Momma wakes up, 15 minute surge workout; get ready, put in 1 load of laundry.
  • 6:55-7:00 a.m. Wake up Kelen, kiss him goodbye and head out for school
  • 7-7:45 a.m. While I am driving to school kids get ready & call me before they walk out the door.  By now I am almost to my cadaver lab.
  • 8-3:50 p.m. I stay on campus
  • 4-6 p.m. Kids call me when they get home from school as I am driving home.  They start homework and I help them when I get home. 
  • 6-7 ish Dinnertime
  • 8:30 p.m. Neva's bedtime
  • 9 p.m. Kelen's bedtime
  • 9-11:30 p.m. Momma studies, does homework, cleans up and/or does laundry before bed.
Wednesday
  • 5:30 a.m.-3:50 p.m. Everything is the same except no workout.
  • 3:20 Kids go to a friends house as I stay on campus for dinner
  • 6:15-7 p.m. Momma's physics tutor.
  • 8-10:00 p.m. Physics review class
  • 10-11:30 p.m. Momma drives home, grabs a snack & does a load of laundry before bed.

Tuesday/Thursday
  • 7-7:45 a.m. Wake up kids get them ready for school & out the door. Kel takes his viola on Tuesdays.
  • 8-12 ish Sometimes I work but usually just hang out around the house.  Do dishes, laundry, 15 minute Surge and/or study.
  • 12 p.m. head to school
  • 2-3:15 p.m. Anatomy lecture
  • 4-5:30 p.m. Homework & quick dinner
  • 6:15-7 p.m. Neva's karate
  • Bedtime same as every night :)
Friday
  • 7-7:45 a.m. Get kids up & ready for school. Kel takes his viola.  15 minute workout for me.
  • 8:30-8:45 a.m. Momma heads to school
  • 10-3:50 On campus
  • 3:20 Kids to Nana's after school
  • 4-6 ish Dinner with Nana
  • 6-10 ish Do whatever til bedtime.
Saturday
  • 7:30 a.m. Momma gets up & ready for work
  • 9-4 Momma works
  • 10 ish Kids wake up & walk to Nana's.
  • 4:30 p.m. Pick kids up & we are free til Monday morning  :)
Sunday
  • 10:45-11:50 a.m. Church
  • Baking, make big pot of beans and/or soup for the next week.  Glance at cookbooks and get an idea of what I'll be making for dinner thruout the upcoming week.

#2  I would love to sit down each evening and figure out what I want to accomplish the next day but quite simply my only goal is to survive each day and make it to the next one.  I wish I had the freedom in my schedule to plan certain days for certain chores but that just isn't realistic.  My focus is on earning my degree which means cleaning is not a priority.  Don't get me wrong, we aren't total pigs.  We keep the kitchen & bathrooms clean, litter boxes are changed 2x a day but I can't remember the last time I dusted or mopped (except when there's a spill).  I do glance at my schedule to make sure I have the right books for my next days' classes in my backpack.  I pack snacks & my lunch, get water bottles filled & into the fridge to chill before I head to bed.  I pull something out of the fridge to throw into the crockpot the next day.  

#3 My kids know their schedule (see above) and are very good about getting done.  They both know that it is their responsibility to have their own backpacks ready to go and by the door.  If they forget their snack they'll be hungrier for lunch, if they forget to grab their water bottles they'll have to wait until lunchtime to get a big ol' drink.  When they call me before heading to school I always ask about tooth & hair brushing, critter chores (food & water) & litter boxes.  I'd say about 65% of the time they have remembered to do their morning "chores".  :)  As they are only 8 and 11 they have PLENTY of time to work their way up to 100% don't you think?

Momma's Note: After my sister read this (while we were Skyping) she pointed out that I do in fact eat dinner pretty late.  After all, she says, my schedule says 7ish.  I want to clarify that we are EATING b/w 6-7ish not actually cooking dinner.  That happens earlier during the homework helping phase.  :)  My sister & her family eat quite late (to me) 7:30+ each night.  For some reason it has always made me a little nuts that they eat so late.  I have no idea why.  :)
Enhanced by Zemanta

3 comments:

Becky@Organizing Made Fun said...

You are one busy Momma! Glad you know your schedule - and that you have lots of help too! Mine are 7 and 11 and they do a lot around here, too, to help out! Good job!

Becky B.
www.organizingmadefun.blogspot.com
Organizing Made Fun

Jennifer said...

busy bee!!!! do mine next? =) I am so all over the place!!!

kudos on doing this! <3

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Stephanie said...

Oh...this is kind of helpful. Next month for me is all about ORGANIZING. Even thinking about it makes my heart race. I'm so nervous! Seeing how other people are getting themselves organized helps!