Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Monday, March 07, 2011

Week 4: Finish the Kitchen




I am a bit behind.  That's not really anything new though.  :)

I did some serious cleaning and reorganizing in my kitchen yesterday.

First thing I noticed was how disgusting the outside of my crock pot was.

gross gross gross


Thankfully a little bit of baking soda and a quick scrubbing and it looks almost as good as new.








I found this container at the thrift store for only a buck.  :)  


Raw, organic almonds.  Yum!






My plan is to paint this or decoupage it.  I just don't like the plain brown look.

Next thing I noticed was how filthy the stove top was.


This definitely calls for baking soda.


I think it was boiled over from pinto beans.


Much better


Shiny


My daughter recently broke the lid to my flour crock so I transfered my cooking utensils.  I think it's a great way to repurpose this and it looks pretty good.





I still want to reorganize my snack cupboard but I just haven't found the time.  I will get to it though.  :)


Someday.





1 comment:

Jennifer said...

sparkly and clean! come on over mine's next!!!! =)

my font size is getting kind of small for me.. blogging hurts my eyes!

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons