Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

What I Ate Wednesday



I actually remembered to take some pictures this week.  :)  *patting myself on back*

Breakfast


Breakfast: this week was either just a glass of water or some yummy strawberry Greek yogurt after my first class.  


Lunch


Lunch: was the remains of Superbowl Sunday's roast beef sandwich.  I smooshed 1/2 an avocado and spread that on there instead of using mayo.  So good!


Afternoon snack


Afternoon Snack: was the remaining 1/2 of the avocado with some added cumin, salt, pepper, finely chopped onion and garlic and a bit of s-s-s-salsa.  I happily dipped some baked tortillas strips into that yummy mess while studying for an anatomy lecture.  Yes, I can eat while staring at pictures of dissections.  No, it isn't that gross.



Dinner:  I forgot to take pictures.  I made a big ol' crockpot full of Navy Bean Chowder.  Navy beans cooked in the crock pot overnight in chicken stock.  In the early afternoon I added a couple chopped carrots, celery ribs and 1/2 an onion.  A few spices (oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic) and let that baby simmer until dinnertime.  Just before serving I took out about 1 1/2 cups of the beans and mashed them up then put back in to thicken.  This was so good with some homemade garlic bread (I use olive oil not butter).  The recipe called for turkey bacon but I just left that out because we don't have any.  :)  


As always I probably grabbed a hot chai on campus (Average temp has been b/w 0-25 degrees) and drank filtered water throughout the day.


What have you been eating this week?


4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Go Tia! =) Though i'm judging you for not taking a picture of that AMAZING sounding soup! <3 still love ya though!

Thanks for linking up with me!!!

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Tia said...

*hanging head in shame*

I will try, try, try to remember to take ALL the pictures next week. :) lol

This is a great linky party. Thanks Jenn!

Fashion Meets Food said...

Heyy! Love your Manny cup! I just came across your blog and absolutely love it! I am your newest follower!

xo

Tia said...

Thanks Fashion! :)