Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Eating to heal




I am fighting off a monster head cold.  The kind that turns me into a nasty, red-nosed, mouth-breathing fiend.  Let me tell you, it ain't pretty.

Yesterday, I crawled back into bed as soon as the kids left for school and didn't wake up until 2 in the afternoon.  Which was when my anatomy lecture was starting so clearly I was ditching that one.

Today: I got up, showered, and headed to school because I had an 8:45am anatomy muscle exam.  Four cadavers waiting to have their muscles named and classified (by origins, insertions and/or actions).  Woohoo.

So onto what I am eating.  The plan was healthy, healthy, healthy to try & help my immune system do its job.


Breakfast was an iced soy chai and an orange.  I already tossed the orange peel into the compost so no pictures of that one.  :)


Morning Snack: Filtered water out of my favorite SIGG bottle and some organic, raw almonds.  YUM YUM YUM!



Lunch: Delicious organic strawberries and a hummus and red pepper wrap which I bought at The Laughing Goat here on campus.  I ate that bad boy in the library while studying for physics.



Dinner:  This is what I will be having for dinner.  A friend and I are heading to C4C (Center for Community) here on campus for our weekly Wednesday night dinner.  We ALWAYS go to the persian place as it is fish night. Clockwise from top left:
-Grilled fish
-basmati rice with herbs
-yogurt mint sauce
-tomato-onion-cucumber salad
-grilled vegetables
-cabbage salad with carrots
-stewed tomatoes

The only way my Wednesday night dinner changes is if I don't stay on campus for the weekly Physics review session.  Then its leftovers with the kids.  This dinner out makes my 14 hours on campus worthwhile.  My last class ends at 3:50, we get to relax for an hour then head over to C4C and have a leisurely dinner before the review session starts at 8pm.  I also keep an apple in the car so that I can munch on that on the way home (around 10pm).

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You've got a gorgeous meal to look forward to tonight! I hope you feel better super soon! Poor baby -- there's something germy going around in blog land -- everyone is getting sick!

Get well soon Tia! <3 Thanks for still managing to party at p&c -- you're amazing.

Mwah!