Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Monday, January 03, 2011

What's a Little Junk (Drawer) b/w Friends?

I have joined my first blogging community challenge.  I've been behind on my blog reading and luckily saw the 21 Days to Getting Organized challenge over at A Bowl Full of Lemons.   Of course this was supposed to start on January 1st and this is January 3rd?  Is it the 3rd already!?!  Anyway.  The challenge was to tackle your junk drawer.  I don't have a junk drawer.  I have junk drawers.  Four to be exact and they are stacked one on top of the other.


Drawer 1


Drawer 2

Step 1 completed.  Choose a drawer and take a picture as it is.  Yes, I said there were 4 drawers but these two were the worst.  
Step 2.  Empty everything into a box.  I had no box but this is what I did instead.


Want a closer look at all the junk I had crammed into these drawers?




There was also some stuff on top of the buffet but I forgot to take those pictures as well.  I'm not very good at this challenge so far.  

Step 3. Wipe out the drawer.

 
Oh look.  You can see the rest of the crap in this picture.  

Step 4. Get your organizing containers together & place them in the drawer.  I only had one container.  An old plastic bowl that no longer has a lid.

Step 5.  Set up your bins & trash cans near you.

Step 6.  Start purging.  This was actually kind of fun.  I threw out a LOT of trash.  The plan was to throw away anything you haven't used for 3 months but my seeds, and model paint had to stay.  The paint is for my sons Scouting & he actually knows it will be in one of those drawers.  I promise, I was merciless about the rest of it though.

Step 7.  Start organizing.  Done and done.  Ready for Step 8?  Take another picture.

Drawer 4
Pet supplies now organized & I can actually find things I need for all the critters taking over my house.

Drawer 2 After
This now contains only home improvement doohickeys.  Extension cords, paints, packing tape (which I really needed a couple days ago) and all the batteries are now in the bowl instead of rolling around and hiding from me.  What?  Don't your inanimate objects hide from you?

Drawer 1 After
I am so proud of this!  First aid kit, gloves, safety whistle and my little bitty stationary kit (the gray box).  I love it!

All in all this took me about 40 minutes.  Longer than most probably but that's ok by me because it is done.  

Thank you so much A bowl full of lemons!  I never would've done this without your challenge.



3 comments:

MonkeMama said...

Yay! They look awesome! I'm taking a break at this very moment from Day 2. Kiwi had to be fed.

HomebirthinMomma said...

awesome job!!! :)

Tia said...

Thank you both!