Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Welcome to your new home Mr. Blender

Day 3.  A Bowl Full of Lemons Organization challenge.

Tupperware cupboard.  I don't own any tupperware or rubbermaid snapitz or whoozee whatsits.  I have been slowly trying to get rid of the plastic.  We do have some glass jars that I use to store food in.  I was very happy that this was todays challenge because I am having a rough day and I just wasn't looking forward to a major overhaul.  I came home, put on some baggy sweats and got to work.

Here is the before.

Not sure about the rest of you, but for me this is really good.

I pulled everything out, matched a few lids, wiped it down and put just about everything back in.  I did reorganize a bit and put the water bottle in the cupboard it actually belonged in.  Oh, and I pulled off the torn contact paper from the upper shelf.  Not sure how I never noticed that before.  The best part of this was that I realized my lovely, giant blender will fit perfectly in this cupboard.  I am so happy to get him off my countertop.





 The baking dishes are now nestled together, separate from the muffin tins & I can easily see my measuring cups & all storage jars.  


One lone plastic tub left.  I use that one to take my lunches to work until I save up enough for a couple tiffins.

Now, this grumpy but organized lady is off to take a nap.




5 comments:

The Mulberry Girl said...

Sorry you are having a rough day - hope the naps help (they usually do!)
You did a great job!

Tia said...

Thanks. :) It did help.

Toni said...

You have the living well blender! LOVE IT!!! Do you use it alot?

Tia said...

Toni: I use it almost every day. :) We have been making smoothies for breakfast probably 4 or 5 days a week. I made powdered sugar Christmas Eve to frost Santa's cookies.

It is amazing!

I plan on trying to make some flour soon. :)

Lollipop Bouquets said...

Love all your space.