Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Thursday, January 06, 2011

Under the Sink

This was just gross.  There wasn't actually that much stuff under here.

Before

The worst part of taking everything out was taking apart the shelf.  My sister introduced me to The Container Store a few years ago and we each bought one of these.  

Ewww.  Outside door.

The cleaning took some time.  I pulled out the nasty, old contact paper and wiped down the shelves.  The doors were gross.  I used baking powder and elbow grease.  I also found the mineral oil and wiped down the doors.  


Cleaned & air drying.

New lining.


Clean doors.  


I bought a couple storage containers at the dollar store today and already put them to good use.  

After.



I put all the cleaning supplies into the black box.  I started a cleaning basket which now has the spray bottle of all purpose cleaner, scrubbing toothbrush and some Lysol.  


I can't wait until tomorrow's challenge.  :)

Enhanced by Zemanta

7 comments:

Toni said...

I think I make a trip to the store AT LEAST three times each week for storage containers. Does that make me weird? Great work.

Paige @ The Wandering Cottage said...

Well done!

Natalie@Endless Crafting said...

Great transformation! That is a cool storage shelf!

Shelly said...

Great job! Looks terrific!!!

Amanda said...

wow this looks awesome!!

Marlene said...

Wow honey, this is so inspiring, great job, I bet the kids think their belongings are next :) Keep them guessing! You encourage me, I spent all night Thursday, while Chels was sick, organizing my tool box, my nails, screws, tacks, hooks, sockets, drill bits, everything is separated and in empty cheez whiz jars so I can see what is there when I need to use it! I so appreciate your getting me started on this!

Tia said...

Good job Mom! :) I need to eventually work on my tool boxes.