Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tiny Freezer

Tiny bubbles freezer.  Sing it with me!

No?  Ok.  Nevermind.

I was up waiting for a load of laundry to dry (ok, I was waiting to put my jeans in the dryer because I have nothing to wear in the morning) and happened to see tomorrow's challenge.  I figured, why not do it tonight?  I'm up anyway.  :)

The Bonus: now I have found a reason to be thankful for my tiny freezer.  Thank you so much for this challenge.  :)  It was quick and painless.


I actually know what all is in here.


I wonder when the last time was that I actually cleaned the freezer?  6 months?  Probably more.  There's food in here that can't be a good thing.


Tadaaa!!



Fruits are on the right and we use these primarily for smoothies.  I stopped buying cereal about 18 months ago and we do mainly fruit in the mornings for breakfast.  Sometimes we have time to make eggs or pancakes but not often.  We add almonds or walnuts and ground flax or chia seeds to our smoothies for protein and those very important B vitamins.

The bottom portion under the shelf is nothing but vegetables.  I still have some organic corn and cauliflower that I froze from a local farm waiting to be used up too.  


So simple yet so effective.


Bread container has pita bread and corn tortillas.

Meat and fish is self explanatory.  I know its small but I have stopped buying any meat products that are not free-range, raised with no hormones or antibiotics and fed only on non-GMO grasslands.  Or in the case of the fish, wild caught.  I think it's mostly salmon in there.  This is super-expensive so we have very little of it.  But to be perfectly honest, the kids haven't really noticed.  I just cut the meat up into smaller pieces and add lots and lots of vegetables.

Bananas and open fruit.  Again, self explanatory.





I NEVER would have thought of containerizing my freezer items.  What a genius idea!  Thank you so much Toni.  Need more organizing ideas?  Check out her amazing site A Bowl Full of Lemons.  You won't be sorry.

11 comments:

Doodle Bug said...

what an awesome idea, but I most likely will never do it, the husband is much more organized than me and already has a system. but I like this!

Toni said...

Works now. Thanks for linking up!!!

Tia said...

Thanks Toni!

Beth's Blog said...

great idea with the containers! looks great!

Amanda said...

great job! love how you used the boxes!

Catherine said...

Those containers made a HUGE change in the appearance of your freezer. Looks great!

Paige @ The Wandering Cottage said...

Excellent! I love the containers, but my hubs doesn't share that love.

Jennifer said...

The containers make it so easy to find things!!! =) GREAT solution!

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

Jenn said...

Wow! You are making good use of a very small space!

Little Raindrops said...

I'm thankful for a small freezer too (just today, not always!) I think the containers are a great change. Keep up the good work!!

Kristal said...

Nice job. Looks great!