Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Poisoned Closet

Day 19: Master Closet

This is not pretty.  It took me two days to get this done because it was so horrible.


Oh Dear God!


Danger!


This is no way to treat purses and bags


I don't wear all of these.





I didn't do the keepsake post because I couldn't remember where I had put these darn boxes.  I guess I am going to have to work on those pretty soon.


So I pulled out all the clothes and got rid of everything that didn't fit or that I didn't wear anymore.  I also decided to change out one of the shelves.  You can't really see it but in the first horror show picture underneath all of the clothing is a long shelf.  It was useless in here because what can I store underneath the clothes?  So I took that shelf out and switched it with the closet on the left side of the room.  I'm not showing that closet because it is my craft disaster area that I have been slowly working on.  Anyway, I took a small shelf out of the craft closet and put it in this master closet where it can definitely be used.


Much better


Containerized Prada


I containerized the bags by either purpose or color.  The blue tub has brown purses and the green basket has the bigger canvas bags that the kids use for slumber parties and such.


More purses


Mostly tennis shoes


And yes.  Once again these closets have no doors.  I bought this place after it was foreclosed on and it was stripped bare by the previous owners.  Sadly, the doors are all odd sizes and I can't just go to Home Depot and buy standard doors.  I don't have the know-how to alter the sizes and I haven't taken the time to search the thrift stores or junk home stores that carry odd sizes.  Someday maybe.  :)

6 comments:

Patty said...

Great job! Bet it feels good to see it like that when you go to get something now. :)

Kristal said...

Great job, looks good and I love your skull and crossbones! Easy, temporary idea for closet doors....tension rod and curtain(s) (you can probably find something cheap and cute at the thrift store...or on clearance at Wal-Mart or my Big Lots has the BEST selection of curtains! Length will be important, but pretty easy to find something too long and do a quick hem. Or have them hemmed. This will hide the mess and stress! (not messy anymore though!)

Tia said...

Kristal: Thats a great idea! Thanks I'll have to try that. :)

Jenn said...

Nice work!

Fixing up a house is a lot of work. When you have time, see if there's an Architectural salvage near where you live - something like this:
http://salvagelady.com/Scripts/default.asp

We have found tons of great stuff at ours. Doors of all sizes from $ to $$$. Good luck!

Tia said...

jenn: Thank you for the site. I will definitely see what I can find. :)

kathryn said...

Oh, you are too funny! LOVE the skull and crossbones....love the organized closet...love the bags. Whee!

I just did the same a month or so ago but I don't have the caddie thingie for my shoes, so they're all messed up again.

It looks great!