Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Linen Closet Schminen Closet

Day 4:  Linen Closet

Ugh.  Just take a look at these pictures and you will understand my fear.



Top 2 Shelves


Middle shelves


Bottom shelf & floor.  Oh jeez.

So I don't really have a lot of time this morning.  It was a rare morning that I was home when the kids were getting ready for school so I got up and made breakfast.  :)  Eggs for Kel & a strawberry/banana smoothie for Neva & I.  Dishes had to be done, dog walked, cats fed etc...Once those kids were out the door I grabbed my camera and was ready to tackle the closet.

First I pulled everything out.  The sleeping bags went into the storage closet where they belong, The foot spa is in the donate pile as I have only used it once in two years.  I just can't get past the thought of marinating my feet in their own oogies.  Yuck.

The shelves got a good cleaning with my homemade all purpose cleaner.  The outside of the doors were the worst, the shelves were actually pretty clean.  Floor got a quick mopping and I started organizing.

Top two shelves.  

I found a home for the cat carrier that had been sitting in the hallway for 6 months.  
Yes.  6 months.  I have no shame.
These are my queen sized sheets and some blankets.  Winter in Colorado is finally cold so these are being used constantly.

Middle shelves.

Twin size sheets for the kids' beds and more blankets.  I clearly need to wash some towels because I swear we have more than this.  :)

Bottom shelf & floor.

Now we have a clearly defined space for the extra shampoos and such plus a couple of beach towels.  Although it's been 15º outside the kids go swimming at least 2x a week.

That is the vinegar we use to clean the bathroom so this is the perfect place for it.

Once again,  Thank you so much for this challenge!  I am loving the results.




8 comments:

Toni said...

Yay! Im so glad you joined.

Beth's Blog said...

wow, your closet looks great!

Paige @ The Wandering Cottage said...

Great job!

Tia said...

Thank you!

HomebirthinMomma said...

looks fantastic! I'm looking for some inspiration b/c it's almost 7pm and I still havent tackled this challenge!! SIGH!

auntym1955 said...

Great job honey! I am so proud of you for taking this challenge! Looking good!

Shelly said...

Looks terrific!

Amanda said...

looks awesome!