Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Laundry Closet

Again with the "closet" with no door.  This one was also busted by the kids' about a week after we moved in.  It's those darn bi-fold doors.  They do NOT work with my kids' brute strength.  ;)

This was super quick.  I have physics homework, bones to study, and two anatomy chapters to read tonight and it is almost 7 o'clock.

Cluttered and dirty.


Like everything else this was a very neglected space.  See that hat hanging there?  I washed that sucker about 2 months ago and have simply ignored it ever since.  I threw out a lot of junk, found a stash on the upper right shelf of give away stuff.  I had stored it there and forgotten about it.  


After clearing everything out I was thinking how in the heck am I going to wash these things down?  I don't have a bucket and am nowhere near a sink.

Guess what?  That washing machine on the right.  Turns out you can run the hot water with a bit of laundry soap and it makes the perfect bucket.  Who knew?


Shiny and not so new.


I straightened up and found I have a LOT of unused space in here.  The orange bucket is purely for this picture.  That's my homemade laundry soap.  Usually that sucker is too heavy to lift but it is almost time to make a new batch so I picked it up off the floor so I could sweep.  :)  Ingredients to make the soap are on the upper right shelf now.


7 comments:

Catherine said...

Love that last picture!

Ain't it the truth, though? ;)

Tia said...

It hangs in the laundry space. :) Makes me smile every time I see it.

Beth's Blog said...

looking good!

mom2maya said...

Love this! I laughed so hard at your sign, hilarious!

Becky@Organizing Made Fun said...

What a big improvement in such a short period of time! I think you did a great job organizing!

Becky B.
www.organizingmadefun.blogspot.com
Organizing Made Fun

Shelly said...

Great job!

Tia said...

Thanks everyone!