Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Hot & Spicy

Day 12:  Spice Cabinet

This was just another cupboard filled with wasted space.

Absolutely nothing on the top shelf.


Clearly I had to do a lot of digging and pulling out of many bottles in order to find the spice that I wanted.  

Once again, everything came out, shelves were cleaned and lined with shelf paper.


After: Grouped and Containerized.


I labeled the tops.




Labeled Containers.




Most often used spices are on the bottom shelf.




There are seven containers in this cupboard.

Top Shelf:  Vitamins and Extras

Middle Shelf:  Seeds (sesame, mustard etc...), Herbs and Specialty (curries, sage, turmeric etc...)

Bottom Shelf:  Spicy (crushed peppers, chili powder etc...) and Everyday (salt, pepper, oregano, cumin)


I also went ahead and cleared off the counter underneath this cupboard, washed it down with my homemade all purpose cleaner and put everything away where it should be.


Countertop Before.


Countertop After.  Much better.






3 comments:

Marlene said...

I just can't get over this idea, if this is free how does she make any $ at this, or is this not her career, but passion? I guess when I get feeling much better I will have to look up her bio and read where and how this idea all started, she's a blessing, and you and Monk are being so encouraging to me! Now if I can live at home and get started on it too :)

Tia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelly said...

Great work!