Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Is it still a closet if there is no door?

I had a very full day.  1st day of classes for this semester, I left early because it was snowy/slushy/freezing and I wanted to make the bus.  Sadly, the bus was running really behind so I was 35 minutes late to my first class.  On the plus side, it's the first day so I didn't miss anything.  :)

All day during my breaks I was getting online and looking at others' posts for some ideas.

Oh jeez.


As always I started by pulling everything out.  I added a coat and some sports stuff to the donate pile.  I combined the two boxes of recycling and they are waiting by the back door to go out.  It's currently -12º with wind chill so it can definitely wait until morning.  :)  A thorough sweeping and mopping and it was time to reorganize.

After doesn't look much better but trust me, it is.


Instead of out in the open the recycling is now tucked behind the kids' coats.  We all know where it is so this shouldn't be a problem.


I put the misc. canning supplies up on the top shelf.


Sports stuff on this shelf.


Winter gear has been stored in this tub for years.  It looks it huh?  Pretty battered but it still works.


This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Could I actually be learning to stay organized?  Shocking but I think it's true.  My desk, closets, dresser & cupboards are all still looking pretty good.  :)  As I pass something out of place (in those clean spots) I grab it and put it where it goes.  9 days ago I would've given it a glance and kept right on walking.  

I guess you can teach an old momma new tricks.


7 comments:

Sally said...

Nice job! It looks great!

Clean and Happy said...

I agree that this challenge maybe adding sucessful organization to my house too! and its about time!

Allison @ I heart Change said...

Awesome! It looks VERY good. That was one full closet you had there. And it is so cold there! Wow.

Becky@Organizing Made Fun said...

I think it's still a coat closet, even though there is no door! You did great and I know it's fun to have a challenge like this to get you motivated to organize! Great job!

Shelly said...

Great job!

Linda Ray said...

It's so pretty :) Nice job!

Tia said...

Thank you everybody! :)