Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award


Can you believe this!?  I won an award.  Even crazier, I won an award with the word stylish in it.


I'm blushing.


No, wait a minute.


Screw that!  Woohoooooooooo!!!  How exciting is this day?!?  How do I throw a hooray for me but I'm not really a totally vain butthead kind of party?  Any ideas? 

Yeah.  Me either.  Confession:  I am not getting this award because of my amazing webpage or personal sense of style; my nominator (say it like you are Ah-nuld...my nomm-inn-eh-tore) she likes my honesty which is the greatest compliment I think I can get.  :)

A big giant thank you goes out to Catherine over at Avery and Winslow for blessing me with this award.  Her kind words as I have been trying to honestly and transparently share my chaos during this past 21 day organizing challenge have kept me motivated. 

The rules for accepting this award are:

1. Link back to the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass it along to 7 other stylishly and trendy bloggers.
4. Contact those bloggers and tell them about their award. So exciting!

So, here we go:

1.  I have many self-labels: Momma, daughter, happily divorced, Christian, Democrat, sister, GLBTQ supporter, avid reader, disorganizer, loyal friend, procrastinator.  Surely we have at least one in common :)

2.  I want to go to medical school but don't see that as a practical option so I am heading into research instead.  :)  I am currently a proud University of Colorado Boulder student and I WILL get that diploma.

3.  I do not like even numbers.  If I happen to notice one (on a clock for instance) I have to keep checking until it changes to an odd number.  I have done this since I was a little girl.

4.  I quit smoking 3 months ago.  Cold turkey.  21 years of pretty much a pack a day has taken its toll but I am determined to stay smoke-free.

5.  My children and I spent some time at a shelter many years ago.  We try to return the favor by volunteering with our church's homeless ministry.  Actually we will be spending the night there this upcoming weekend.  The kids love it and have a blast playing with the kids that are there while I get to chat with the parents.

6.  I LOVE pigs.  I no longer collect them myself but family and friends continue to send them to me.  :)  Thats how I got this guy.




7.  I am disorganized to the point of chaos.  Stay tuned as I try to change this horrible habit.

And now I get to pick 7 people I want to pass this on to.

1.  Kathryn over at From the Inside...Out  She is one seriously stylish and seriously funny lady.

2.  MonkeMama over at It's a Jungle in here!  Full disclosure: she's my little sister and a truly amazing woman.

3.  The leaky b@@b  I absolutely love this site.  If you are a nursing momma, a woman with wisdom to offer newer moms or just interested in lactivism; please check this site out.

4.  Amy over at New Nostalgia is an amazing woman.  I have been a lurker on her blog for awhile now and her strength and spirit amaze me.

5.  Baby Monitor Update is a hilarious site.

6.  Samantha is An Organised Mum

7.  Jennifer over at Peas and Crayons is so talented.  Her food pictures will have you drooling on your keyboard.

I hope you check out these amazing bloggers, you'll be adding them to your blogroll before you know it.  :)

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Thank you so much for the nomination for blog award. I would love to be able to motivate people to organise themselves whilst I am on my own journey. Will keep checking your blog. Thanks again!

Jennifer said...

awww thank you doll! Don't worry -- I drool on my keyboard daily. along with my husbands oddly dog-like cat....


ok that's just weird! =) Thanks for the shoutout and congrats on your award! I'm super disgorganized too... thank goodness for these challenges!!! <3

xoXOxo
Jenn @ Peas and Crayons

MonkeMama said...

You brutally honest? Nah!
P.S. - He's Satan pig!

Catherine said...

"disorganizer" - - ha! I can add that to my list, too. Not only am I not organized, I manage to disorganize anything that is. :)

And I loved reading about you - - what a caring person! Congrats on quitting smoking and best wishes on your education.