Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Bathroom overhaul

I started with the medicine cabinet as today's challenge suggested.  But then I took a look around and figured why not?  I mean, I was already there, I had all the cleaning supplies and I actually wanted it to look good so I decided to organize the shelf, under the sink, the drawers and give it a good scrubbing.

Unorganized and messy.


I didn't keep any of this.  They were all empty.


After: Cleaning stuff, extras and bubble bath.  That's it.


After: Much better.


I don't wear much make-up but it is containerized anyway.  :)



After: Grouped and clean. 

There is not a whole lot of medicine in this cabinet.  I have two prescriptions from my root canal last month, some bag balm for dry skin, Ibuprofin, Benadryl for my allergic friends (we have two cats and a dog) and some homeopathic pink eye remedy.  I decided to put all my ankle wraps and ice packs in here as well.  


It seems so empty.


Wicker basket: has all my bandanas. 

White basket: Manicure/pedicure stuff

Green Basket: Rubberbands, barrettes, bobby pins etc...

I also got down on my hands and knees and scrubbed that floor until it shined.  As I was doing it all I could think was how proud my mom would be.  She never wanted us to use mops, just a bucket and a rag.  It only took 35 years but I must say I have to agree it looks a lot better than when I mop that sucker.  I also wiped down the walls (inside the bathroom and out) the light switches and the door and handles.  


After all that, I am kind of glad this wasn't a major organization project like I was expecting.  I don't mind the break at all. 



5 comments:

Terri @ em-belle-ish.blogspot.com said...

I can so relate. I spent extra time in the bathroom organizing and cleaning today. My mom also cleaned the floor with a bucket and a rag. And I was gld that it wasn't a major organization project like I was expecting. I'm so glad that I stopped by. Enjoy the rest!

Jenna said...

You did great! Seems like a bunch of us just went on and organized the whole bathroom! Doesn't it feel great though?

Shelly said...

Great job!

Paige @ The Wandering Cottage said...

Well done!

MonkeMama said...

Yes but did you whistle while you worked?