Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Another post about the fridge :)

Day 16 The Fridge

Is anybody else picturing William "The Refrigerator" Perry doing the Superbowl Shuffle?

He's #72 in case you didn't know.


Anybody?

Let's forget I said that, shall we?

I was very afraid of this challenge.  I have been putting off cleaning the fridge for WAY too long.

Jeez.


See Bear in the bottom right?  Every time this door opens she has to peek in.


I got to work.  I pulled everything out one shelf at a time, washing the shelves as I went.  My kitchen is really small so I have to kind of do everything in here in shifts.  :)  I ended up throwing away two, not one but TWO jars of pickle juice.  No pickles, just the juice was left.  Thanks for letting me know kids.  I tossed some questionable leftovers and did a quick mental plan of how to use the leftover rice and green chile's in tonight's dinner.

I did NOT take a picture of the nasty bottom of the fridge.  Trust me on this one.  None of you want to see what I saw.  Just picture the two worst spills you have ever seen and then imagine them having their very own drunken orgy.  THAT is what was in the bottom of the fridge under the crisper drawers.  I am pretty sure it was from one of the kids' "science" experiments.  They are always mixing things and sticking them in the fridge.  I definitely think one of them spilled and was not cleaned up.  It was just gross.  On top of this, I actually came home from school this morning after getting sick so I was doing all of this in between bouts of nausea.  (Picture me turning green while scrubbing away the green yuck.)


Much better.


We now have a shelf with just sandwich stuff.


Another shelf with condiments.


The butter drawer holds more than butter.


I containerized the mayo packets the kids take to school for their lunches.  My eye mask needed a home too.  I also keep the Toothprints our dentist made for us in here.  Her son volunteers with the local bloodhound search and rescue team so she knows how important this can be.  Every couple of years the kids' get new imprints taken just in case.


I have one for both kids and I pray I NEVER have to use them.


I also cleaned the outside and top of the fridge, throwing away at least 15 magnets.  They were either busted, torn or just so darn butt ugly that I didn't want to see them anymore.


This is what I kept.


Meet Chef Pigerre.


I save our produce stickers for an artist friend.


Keep me as the apple of your eye.  I ♥ this magnet.


And last but not least:


I keep this picture of my teenage (read skinny & flexible) self on the freezer so I am less likely to snack.


While I was at it I pulled the fridge out, swept and mopped underneath and behind it and then figured what the heck.  Might as well mop the whole kitchen.  Another reason to be glad it is so tiny.

I am glad I got this done but I am worn out.  It's only 11 am and I am off to take a nap.








5 comments:

Kristal said...

Awesome job! I fell better just looking at your after-fridge! Good job pulling it out and mopping the whole kitchen. I give you 5 stars and an A+ for the day!

Tia said...

:) Thank you!

Catherine said...

Wow! You kicked butt on this task. The fridge looks so much better...and you even added extra jobs.

I had to laugh about the pickle juice...only because I have been there. :)

Becky@OrganizingMadeFun said...

Wow...you took this challenge seriously! You even did more than expected...I bet you are proud of yourself and happy to have everything clean and tidy! Great job!


Becky B.
www.organizingmadefun.blogspot.com
Organizing Made Fun

MonkeMama said...

Great job especially if you weren't feeling well. Aww...E!