Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Monday, July 19, 2010

CU Buff

Colorado Buffaloes athletic logoImage via Wikipedia
Well, it's official.  I am enrolled as a full time student at the University of Colorado Boulder campus.  I am a CU Buff!



I just spent about 3 hours on the school website figuring out what classes I was taking.  My schedule is not an easy one this semester, but it's going to be worth it.

MWF    8-8:50 Modern/Contemporary Lit

         12:12:50 General Physics lecture

Tu/Th   8-9:15 Physiology lecture
  
    Th 10-11:50 Physics lab

Tu/Th    2-3:50 Anatomy Cadaver lab

It's pretty heavy on the sciences but that's the way pre-med works.  Most of my classes from the community colleges I have attended transferred with no problems with the exception of Statistics and a diversity requirement.  I am petitioning to have both of those accepted.

I can't wait to get into that cadaver class.  It feels like I have been waiting forever to qualify and I am finally getting my reward.  :)

The one downside is that my boss isn't going to be happy with this schedule.  I normally work on Fridays at noon and now I'll be in class.  Hopefully we can work something out.  This schedule leaves me with a lot of free time on campus and I can't wait to find things to fill the hours with.  I already know I am looking into the student rec center, we get to use the pool & the gym and that will be a great thing to add to my workouts (once this darn foot heals).  I am also applying to be a research assistant and have been scouring the school website looking for opportunities that sound interesting.

I think I will look into the local after school program for the kids on my longer days.  Technically they are old enough to come home by themselves, it would be about an hour but I just don't know how comfortable I am with that.  We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

All in all, today was a great day and I can't wait for school to start.  After all, who wouldn't want to spend their days with this view?

CU BoulderImage via Wikipedia














Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

MonkeMama said...

Gasp! Could it finally be time to leave that brown apron behind?!;. Congrats, I am so proud of you! Some long days but will all be worth it in the end.