I feel I must apologize for my negative attitude of late. I have been such a witch, and not just in my blog posts, facebook status' and other assorted online personalities. My grumpiness has known no boundaries at home and work too.
As I was sitting here, trying to catch up on others blogs I was so excited to see the rain clouds come rolling in. Most people like to complain about the rain (especially ruining summer plans). Me? Not so much. I am just not a summer kinda gal. 99 degrees yesterday and 95 today is just too dang hot to actually DO much of anything. At least, it is for me. I haven't wanted to cook (the a/c is out), play outside with the kids (I feel like I will melt), or drive (the car was acting up). This rain has pointed out my crap attitude to me. So I think I will make a list of things that I am thankful for, as penance for focusing on the things I am not so thankful for.
1. The rain for my garden, bringing cool air to make up for the lack of a/c.
2. A really great car guy recommended by a friend/neighbor. Only charged me $450 for a job that 3 auto shops quoted an average of $1600.
3. Pizza places that deliver when this tired momma doesn't want to cook.
4. Skype. I learned how to use this and LOVE the fact that I can see my sis as I chat with her.
5. Knuckles. As in, my not quite 2 year old nephew holding his tiny, little fist up to the web cam so he can give his Tia "knuckles". He also gives kisses which make my heart skip a beat.
6. A co-worker's vacation. I am getting 27 extra hours of work next week which will go a long way towards paying off that car bill.
I can't make any promises about maintaining a positive outlook. It's just not natural.