Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Happy Birthday!

 I cannot believe that this little girl is already 8 years old.Seems like just yesterday, all 10 pounds of her was fighting to be born.  I knew I was going to have my hands full from the very beginning.  We took three trips to the hospital with false labor.  The midwife tried to induce labor three times but this stubborn little girl wasn't coming out until she was darn well good and ready.  My Nevaeh Grace came screaming into the world seven days after her "due" date, fracturing momma's tailbone on the way out. From the time I brought her home she has been wrapping people around her little finger with her big, brown eyes and expressive little face.  She is so much like her momma, it is downright scary.  Stubborn to a fault, so very smart, loves to read, loves to sing and dance and there isn't a single topic, under the sun that this girl doesn't have an opinion about. Lord knows we clash.  We are mother and daughter; we shall continue to clash until she reaches adulthood.  I just pray we are able to clash in a way that doesn't harm your spirit or cause you to doubt for one second just how      much I love you.  I am looking forward to watching this little girl become the amazing woman I can already see when I look into her eyes.   Happy 8th birthday my precious Nevaeh.  Thank you for letting your momma learn from her mistakes.  Thank you for being so patient with me when I am not patient enough with you.  Thank you for being such a wonderful daughter.  Thank you or teaching me how to appreciate the beauty of rocks; even as I curse as I step on your collection.  Thank you for showing me how much fun it is to dance around the kitchen while rushing through another late dinner.

But most of all, my sweet, sweet girl, thank you for being you.

4 comments:

MonkeMama said...

That didn't make me cry. Not one little tear. Nope.

Tia said...

;) me either

Anonymous said...

Just want to say what a great blog you got here!
I've been around for quite a lot of time, but finally decided to show my appreciation of your work!

Thumbs up, and keep it going!

Cheers
Christian, iwspo.net

Tia said...

Thank you!