Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Open letter to a liar

Dear Sir,

Please stop whining about how difficult your life has been now that your dirty little secret is out in the open.  Did you choose to be unfaithful to your spouse?  Yes, you did.

Did you humiliate her?  Make her feel as if her whole marriage has been a lie?  Cause her to doubt herself as a woman, wife, mother, lover?  Again,  yes, you did.  Now, I know that there are those people who will say that you cannot cause your wife to feel anything, that she has to be responsible for her own feelings.  My response to them is simple.  Kiss ass.  Marriage is the joining of two lives.  Right or wrong, when we marry another person the majority of us starting thinking of ourselves as one entity.  'I' becomes 'we', as  in "we" don't like that restaurant or "we" are busy that night.  When you choose to be with another woman your wife automatically questions "What happened?"  What does she have that I don't?  What did I do wrong?  What went wrong?  What did he need that I wasn't giving him?  and the list goes on and on.

How difficult is it to keep your pants on when with another woman?  How difficult is it to NOT text sexual messages to a woman that is not your wife?  Seems to me all you had to do was NOT pick up the damn phone.  The easy thing to do was nothing.  Instead you chose to DO the wrong thing.  You physically went out of your way to keep in contact with the other woman.  You physically (emotionally, financially) went out of your way to hide this from your wife.  How could you possibly be so stupid as to think your actions were ok?

Are you really so daft as to think that your actions have caused problems solely between your wife and yourself?  What about your children?  What about those of us who love your wife and children?  What are we supposed to think about you now?  Do you honestly expect us to accept your "I screwed up. I am sorry." and simply trust that you won't hurt our loved one again?  My answer to this is simple.  Kiss ass.

You owe ALL of us an apology you jackass.  You broke all of our hearts.  You broke the trust of everybody involved.  Now we have to lie to your teenage daughter when she asks if we know why her dad is sleeping on the couch.  We have to bite our tongues when your nephew says how much he wants to be like you when he grows up.

You sir, are a donkey's ass.

Sincerely,

Tia

2 comments:

kathryn said...

Oh, honey. BRAVO. This was so incredibly well-written...I can feel your outrage and betrayal.

At first, I thought this was about Tiger Woods.

Yikes.

It's so true...that "these men" think they can just say "sorry" and have all be forgiven.

I like the part about two becoming one...very well put.

Tia said...

Thanks Kathryn. At first I was writing it thinking of leaving out the personal side. The beginning could be aimed at Tiger Woods or Jesse James or...but I decided to get my thoughts out there. I hate seeing this type of thing at any time, but I really hate it when someone I love is involved. :( As long as they are working on saving their marriage I can't sent this to him so I decided to send it to the blogosphere. :)

Thanks for stopping by!