Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Some food for thought


Clearly I am a very lazy blogger. I knew it had been awhile since I last posted but really!?! It's been almost 2 months. Oops. My bad. I kinda suck.

No excuses.

I am tired.

I am busy.

I am lazy.

Finally caved & started putting some pictures on my new Macbook. My PC is a big ol' dust collector at this point. I can't do anything. Stupid Windows & its freaking problems. I guess I have lost all of my music & picture because I can't fix that mother & God only knows when I will be able to afford to.

Anyway, enough bitching. Here are some food pics of what we have been making and eating around the Ramon home aka RaHome.

Capirotada aka Mexican bread dessert
In orange or apple juice simmer chopped apples,
cinnamon stick, sugar & raisins ( I used cranberries).
Grease dish, put a layer of lightly toasted day old bread, add some cheddar cheese slices & top with apple/raisin/cranberry mixture.

Bake in 350 oven for about 25 minutes. Then enjoy!


Neva made us a big old Halloween Day breakfast. First she cracked the eggs all by herself. No shells (after she finished picking them out).


She made french toast.


Then she scrambled some eggs. They were delicious!


She also decorated the table herself. Isn't it beautiful?

We made our first attempt at banana/almond smoothies.
I used kefir & hazel nut milk with some natural no salt-added almond butter plus a couple frozen bananas.


Kelen & I think they are great. Nevaeh says she wants real peanut butter.

We "made" some pickles.


Basically I cut up the pickling cucumbers and then tossed them in the pickle jar that still had a lot of juice in it. They actually tasted really good.


Here are a LOT of organic bananas I cut up and froze. I found them on sale for only $0.32/lb. Seriously. That is a killer deal! So I bought all that they had, probably around 15 bunches.


I peeled them, cut them up and froze them on my tiny little cutting board in the freezer. I could fit about 2-3 cut up bananas on the board. Once they were frozen I threw them into the ziplock bag. Easy. They don't brown, I have no idea why and they are perfect to toss into our smoothies.





No comments: