Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Linguine with Tuna and Peas

I don't generally post so many recipes but this one was really good. Even Kelen liked it and had seconds. As he is my picky eater I tend to judge my recipes based upon whether he eats it or not. This came from a cookbook that my Grandma Shook gave me about 10 years ago, "Great Recipes for Good Health." Personally, I always tinker with any recipe and this one was no different. I added salt and some grated cheddar cheese.


2 oz. linguine (I used spaghetti)

1/2 C frozen green peas (organic)

3/4 C skim milk (organic plus 1/2 C kefir)

1 TBSP flour

1 sm. can tuna (wild caught)

1 TBSP grated parmesan (never use that crap in the green can...buy fresh it's SO worth it)

1/4 tsp black pepper


Cook the pasta. Here the recipe says omit the salt but I NEVER cook pasta without a large bit of salt added to the water. Meanwhile in a small pan cook the peas in about 1C boiling water. Drain & set them aside. In a large skillet mix kefir, milk & flour. Cook for about 2 mins stirring constantly to get rid of that icky floury taste. Add the noodles, peas, tuna, cheese & pepper. Toss well, heat through completely about 3-4 minutes.


As you can see this recipe only serves about 2 people so I doubled pretty much everything.


Serve & enjoy!



2 comments:

Monika said...

Urp. Normally I like your posted recipes. This one is not doing it for me, could be the tuna. Glad the kids liked it. Score!
love
m

Tia said...

dude it was soooo good!