Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Gaiam Rug

I was reading some of my daily blogs and I came across a pretty cool contest on Allie's Answers. Gaiam is giving away a beautiful rug to one of her lucky readers. Unfortunately I can't get the picture to post here so head on over to her site www.alliesanswers.com to take a look.

The rug is made out of recycled soda bottles. I am all about the recycling (although I would rather there was no plastic to NEED to be recycled) but anywho. The one bad thing about this is that the rug is shipped all the way from Thailand and that is a WHOLE LOTTA fuel for a rug. Wish they were locally made but they are fair trade and it is a start. The fact that the rug can be washed off with a garden hose sounds interesting. I just wonder how it will feel on one's feet. Sticky and plasticky? That would be ok for outside under the patio table or is it ok for in the house? Hmmmm. Take a look at their website and decide for yourself.

No comments: