Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Friday, January 30, 2009

My 30-somethingness is official

Damn. I really am almost a middle 30s woman. How the hell did this happen!?! And what brought about this realization? The Cub Scouts. The freaking Cub Scouts have done this to me!

Let me say that I am the Committee Chairperson for my son's Cub Scout Pack. Woohoo! Go Pack 540! Basically this means I am in charge of all inventory and a whole crapload of paperwork. Lots & lots & lots of paperwork.

Anyway, I was reading my Cub Scouts Sports & Academic Program Guide...what you don't read that? I found that the boys can earn a Citizenship belt loop (all the rage) and pin just for being GOOD CITIZENS. How to prove one is a good citizen? Its easy. This is where my dorky realization came upon me. The boys have to tell what it means to be a good citizen. *lightbulb glares* We just did this on Wednesday during the den meeting! Quick what are the other 2 requirements. Make a poster showing these ways. That's simple. Write a letter to a newspaper about something you think is worthy. Wait! *lightbulb #2 glares* Where the heck is that darn Bear book!? AHA!!!

I knew there was an achievement about writing a letter to a newspaper. 2 birds 1 stone. Yeah! But to make it official. Not only did I get excited about the prospect of a good citizenship belt loop but I immediately emailed these requirements & my thoughts/suggestions to Kelen's den leader.

Holy shit. I am a Cub Scout Momma. I am a dork. I am that 30-something mom that wants her little Bear Cub to succeed.

Forget soccer moms. I am a Scouting mom. Help me.

No comments: