Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Food Beautiful

So I met with a nutritionist on Wednesday. She ran some tests to see what body systems are working optimally & what I need to improve upon. Well...nothing is optimal. :) My thyroid & lymphatic system are practically non-existent & there is a SEVERE iodine deficiency going on.



Here is the list of systems that are working at less than 50%: immune, digestive, lymphatic, vascular, urinary & skeletal. OOPS!

Working at about 50%: respiratory & nervous.

Working above 50%: only the endocrine system.



On the plus side. I have no cancer markers. Yay! That was my biggest fear in getting this testing done. That fear has kept me from going in for at least the past 6 months. So...it is done.



Now for the solution.



1-A 7 day mild cleanse/detox. This is basically a juice fast. I have to eat primarily raw foods for the next 3 days in order to prepare my body for this fast. Get extra rest during this time so my body can better heal itself. Drink a buttload of water.



2-After the cleanse eat a 60-70% raw diet. This will not be forever but for a couple of months I think.

-No dairy

-No meat

-No wheat

After the initial I can go to meat once a week, primarily wild caught fish.



3- Start taking nutrient/mineral products to bump up my bodily systems. I already ordered them from Sarah. Once I have them I will list their names & descriptions.



4-No more smoking! ARGHH!



5-Aerobic exercise 4x a week for 30-40 mins. I am already doing 3x a week at 20-30 mins so I just need to bump this up. This does not start until after the cleanse.



So this was Day 1: I slept in until 10am. :) I love that. Got up had my radiance C with some juice & a glass of water. Went grocery shopping for lots & lots & lots of fresh, organic veggies. Took my water bottle with me & drank as I shopped. Came home & made lunch for Nevaeh & myself. She had a peanut butter & agave nectar sandwich on sprouted bread with chicken soup, side of tomatoes & cucumbers. I had a veggie sandwich on sprouted bread. I used avocado rather than mayonaise to spread on the bread. Top that with some red lettuce leaves, tomato slices, cucumber slices & a dash of sea salt. I had tomatoes & cucumber & avocado on the side. Delicious! Looks pretty good huh? Dinner was a turkey tenderloin in a lemon garlic marinade for the kids. They also had pasta w/ a white sauce. I made a very simple salad w/ red leaf lettuce, carrots, tomatoes & cucumbers. I sauteed some mushrooms, garlic & onion for myself rather than the turkey tenderloin. But I must admit I cheated and had a small taste of the turkey. :) What can I say? I smoked my last cigarette & so far have had about 54 ounces of water. Sheesh! I am getting the kids ready for bed so that I can take a nice relaxing hot bubble bath and go to bed early. If I am asleep I cannot crave the things I can't have. What things? Hmmmm...cigarettes, some of the vodka in the fridge (its my roommates not mine), a cookie, the leftover turkey, a man (at this point any man would do-I always crave what I do not have) or the leftover pasta.

No comments: