Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

4 Black Thumbs=sad little garden



Dreaming of fresh, homegrown, organic veggies. I shall can them and eat my wonderful vegetables throughout the harsh Colorado winter. So my sister & I get the brilliant idea to plant a garden. She is very pregnant so I went over to her house & we find a spot. It is full of weeds so I drag out some shovels & a rake & I get to work. I pull weeds. I dig up the dirt to about 18" deep. This is what the books I have read all recommend. Ok. No problem.


We buy some organic, heirloom tomato plants for only $3.99 at the Natural Grocers. Awesome.


I plant the plants. Not so awesome. They are droopy. They are tilting precariously, held up by only a stake. So much for our glorious dreams of fresh homegrown veggies & salad makins.


No comments: