Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Friday, April 04, 2008

Books

I was recently asked how I choose the books I read. It's very simple really. I have no set system. I meander the library and if a book catches my eye, I check it out. I do have favorite authors and if they put out a new book I ALWAYS read it. ALWAYS.

Recently I have been working my way through the 'A' section of the library. Yes. Yes I know this makes me a giant nerd. I am okay with that. I go to the the 'A' fiction section and starting with the first book I lovingly run my finger along the spines, carefully checking each title to make sure I have already read it. As soon as I spot a book I have yet to read I grab it up and put it in my library tote. Yes, I carry the same tote bag each and every time I head to the library. (Yes. Yes I know this also makes me a giant nerd. Again, I am okay with that.) Anyway, my bag is the perfect size over-the-shoulder bag that my mom gave me. She painted two different scenes from 'Anne of Green Gables' on it. That is one of my all-time favorite books. My mom can be awesome sometimes.

I am also currently checking out different books from the parenting section. Why? Because my kids frustrate me and it makes me feel better to know that I am not the only momma that wants to tear her hair out and weave it into a decorative & useful basket. Is the hair weaving just me?!? Oh well I am okay with that too.

Did you know that 50Cent has two books out? I found this out by perusing (great word) the 'A' section. Both books totally & completely suck but I tried to read them. I really did.

The other books I am reading: textbooks for school. Sociology, chemistry & spanish. Woohoo!

No comments: