Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Shampoo to Save the Earth



I know the picture sucks, sorry about that. This is the best "new" product I have found. I am loving it! I have been trying to reduce the amount of plastic we use as a family. My dilemma? Shampoo & conditioner bottles. They are ALL plastic. But look what I found! DRUMROLL PLEASE!!!!! J.R. Liggett's Old-Fashioned Bar Shampoo. This stuff is amazing!

So now I present the reasons for you to run immediately (well maybe on your next shopping trip as we don't want to promote the wasting of gas) to your local natural grocery store:

-NO PLASTIC

-Smells absolutely wonderful, there were two options at my store. Original and an herbal-scented version.

-Advertised as reducing the need for conditioner. This has been true for me so far. FOR ME PEOPLE!! I still have wayyyy too much hair, too long, tangled, & I still do not use a hairbrush to get out said tangles. I used this little bar and have not used any conditioner since. (I was hoping to post a picture of the Bride of Frankenstein here--think of that glorious hair--but I can't get the darn link to work)

-No animal products or testing. Some of us hippie mommas care about these things.

-No preservatives & it is 100% bio-degradable.

-Money-back guarantee

-Affordable. I think I paid around $5 for this 3.5 oz bar. Now I know this seems extreme but it says it has about the same # of uses as a 24oz bottle (I have not had the bar long enough to prove this true yet). I buy cheap shampoo & expensive conditioners so this is actually saving me money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hate to doubt but I'm having trouble believing that little bar could help my hair.
M