Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Lent

Is it ok to decide that I am giving up night time snacking for Lent? Isn't the purpose of Lent to sacrifice something you love in order to better understand Christs suffering? I can't give up fast food as I have already given that up (its been almost a month). I can't give up Starbucks because I already haven't been able to afford Starbucks so that wouldn't really be a sacrifice. I don't drink enough alcohol for it to be an actual sacrifice. I gave up my cigarettes 4 months ago. I was a vegetarian for 8 years so not eating meat for the next 2 months really wouldn't be suffering. I could go for one of the biggies...say television or GOD forbid books but that is just NOT going to happen. I am not ready or willing to do that. So what does that leave me? Any ideas?

No comments: