Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Motivation

Does our motivation for losing weight or getting healthy make a difference? My overall reason for changing my food choices, exercising more etc...is because I want to be healthy. I want to be a good example for my children blahblahblah. But my true motivation, the actual reason that I have started this now, in earnest is because my little sis is preggers. So she is gaining weight (as she should.) This is my only chance to be the same size as her. She will gain and I will lose. For the first time since I was about 11 she and I will be the same size. Is that bad? She seems to think so. Well, if this is super selfish of me thats too frackin' bad because this is working for me. I spent my entire childhood listening to people compare us. M is so petite. She is so tiny. She has the perfect little waist. What tiny feet M has, what happened to you Stacey? (I wore a size 9 shoe BEFORE I had children and my feet grew even larger.) I was not fat (if we ignore the summer I was 12). I just had frackin' hips at the age of 11.

And besides, its not as if I will be supermodel thin. For crying out loud I am hoping to weigh the same as a woman who will be 9 months pregnant. Once she has the baby we can work out together and she will once again be smaller than me.

No comments: