Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving rocked! The kids and I made so many great dishes. We started on Tuesday, with all of the chopping and pre-mixing and anything else that I could do ahead of time. I made all of the appetizers (goat peckers & cheery tomato bites) Wednesday night after the kids went to sleep. That was a surprise for the kids.

I made my usual harvest stuffing w/ pecans, apples & whole wheat bread; a 24 hour salad with a dill dressing that Kelen made this year; pink stuff; cranberry-apple pie; parmesan-herb muffins; twice baked potatoes w/ gruyere & prosciutto; orange ale spritzer; & gravy. Nevaeh & Kelen actually made the pink stuff this year and they also made a very yummy cream cheese apple crisp. Kelen is learning to use the knife to chop vegetables & fruits so he did all the chopping for that dessert.

My turkey was delicious! I brined it on Wednesday and cooked it today with some sundried tomatoes, garlic, lemon & rosemary and oooowheee! so good and so moist. Unfortunately I have lost my camera again and therefore I have no pictures to post. *tear*

Actually, that reminds me of something. I never did post our halloween pictures and now that that darn camera has sprouted legs and fled from me I may never get to post them. Sorry for that, cuz the kids looked pretty good in their costumes this year. Kel was a phantom skeleton and Nevaeh was a vampire bride. Very cool.

No comments: