Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Curried potatoes & chicken...yay!

So I have come to the realization that my mood can be clearly judged by the meals/foods/snacks that I prepare for my family each day. What I mean is this, during the 3 weeks immediately following dads' death my children ate a lot, and I do mean a LOT of ramen noodles and hot dogs. Momma did no cooking. I couldn't even force myself to make spaghetti for crying out loud. As my ex-boyfriend/friend put it, "this is the summer of top ramen."
So, now it has been 1 1/2 months since Dad died. The immediate shock is over. We are getting back to regular life-type stuff again. The kids go to school each day, Chelsey competed in her first volleyball game without Dad in the cheering section, we have ordered the marker for dads' grave etc...and I am back to cooking.


This was my first attempt at a new recipe since July 14. Momma made a very basic crock pot chicken and curried potatoes. The kids actually enjoyed this meal. I was not sure if they would like curry but they both completely cleared their plates and got to enjoy a popsicle for dessert. Yay! I will admit that the yellow color is a little off-putting. Actually I forgot that curry was such a stain inducing ingredient and I did not rinse the spatula quickly enough and now it is a beautiful yellow color rather than white. Well, we shall just consider it my reminder that life does go on.

No comments: