Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Thursday, June 21, 2007

home?

So we are pretty much settled in here at Linda's place in good ol' Colorado. The heat really sucks! its supposed to get up to 98 degrees. Urgh! But, Linda Marie has gotten the swamp cooler installed and it is working beautifully. Yay!!!! It has been wonderful being home. I actually had fun at the barbecue at Uncle Abe's on Father's Day. I really thought I would be too worn out from all the moving, but I am glad I went.

Linda and T are planning on breaking their lease here at the house, so if I do not find a roommate quickly...by the end of July...then the kids and I are going to have to move yet again. Sucko. I am hoping and praying that I will find another single mom that wants to live in a great house. Really the rent here (when splitting it with a roomie) is the same as I would be paying for some crappy apartment. Besides, the kids have been so stressed about the move that I really do not want to move them again, any time soon.

It is also wonderful to finally get to actually hang out with B instead of just talking to him on the phone everyday. Kelen has become infatuated with him. B showed me how to spit. B showed me how to skateboard. B wears these kind of shirts. B does this...B does that...Do you see where this is going? In the world according to Kelen- B can do no wrong.

Now my precious little Nevaeh Grace is a whole different story. She does not like B. She does not want momma to date B (or anyone for that matter). She says there will be absolutely no kissing! She is struggling with remembering to use her manners and be polite. We have had a couple of talks in the past 3 days. I told her she does NOT have to like B, and she does NOT have to like the fact that her momma is dating him, but she WILL be polite and not be disrespectful to him. This is our first big battle. All the other stuff was obviously leading up to this. Nevaeh has drawn her line in the sand and Momma does dare to cross. Heads will roll!! Ok...maybe nothing that dramatical but our heads will definitely be bashing together for awhile.

No comments: