Healthy body, healthy spirit, healthy mothering. This is the journey I have set out on with my two amazing children.

Sunday, April 22, 2007

i understand

I understand why parents abandon all hope. Nothing works with my kids. Do any of you parents ever feel that way? Can you understand or will you just judge me for stating this honestly?

Just yesterday Nevaeh loses her picnic in the park for lying to me about picking up her room. The clothes were all shoved under the bed. So today, the kids are making sandwiches for a picnic and what do I find? Oh yes, you guessed it. Towels from last nights showers, pajamas, dress up clothes, hotwheels cars all hidden behind the bed. I give up. Grandma has told them if they can keep their room picked up for 10 days in a row she will get them a gift of their choice. She even sent them little calendars to mark off their days. This is not working. I do appreciate her trying to help me though.
- Spanking them does not work.
-Putting them in time out does not work.
-Yelling does not work.
-Ignoring the problem will not work.
-Taking away the crap that is on the floor is not working. At this rate my children are not going to have any toys or books left.
-Talking to them is like that "Bill Cosby Himself" stand up show. What do they say? " I dunno" or "I didn't do it" or "Its not mine she/he did it". I used to find that show so funny. Now, I am just frustrated because it is so true. And I know if Dad is reading this he is laughing so hard he is probably crying. He always wanted me to have kids that act just like I did. Well congratulations Dad. I have given birth to the worlds two most stubborn children ever. I honestly believe they make me look like a sweet-natured little shirley temple wannabe. WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WHEN THEY ARE TEENAGERS!?!?

I can't afford to get rid of the clothes they keep leaving out. And of course they know this. So now what do I do? I am abandoning ship. Papa can watch the kids today. I quit. I am going to Starbucks and I am going to drink way too many calories and buy books that I really cannot afford at the Barnes & Noble. And if I pass a halfway decent looking tattoo shop I am getting inked. Perhaps a sinking ship, that would be fitting.

Currently listening to: Coldplay 'Spies'

No comments: